WHAT DO WE WANT?
That all citizens of Serbia know that the largest tire factory in Europe is being built in Zrenjanin, against the laws of Serbia, against the interests of citizens.
The Shandong Linglong factory is being built on arable land, without adequate permits, without clear information on how and in what way it will affect the environment.
We are asking to stop construction of the Linglong factory !
Citizens need to know what harmful consequences the production of tires will have on our health, on the air, water, the land around us. When we know that, let us talk about investments as well. First our health, then investments.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE LINGLONG FACTORY?
- The Government of Serbia HAS GIVEN 97 hectares of arable land to this investor and granted a subsidy of more than 75 million euros.
• Zrenjanin will produce 14 MILLION tires a year – the whole world will ride on our backs!
• That’s 40,000 tires a day – 25 every minute!
• It is estimated that up to 400 trucks will pass through the city and its surroundings DAILY!
• The rubber industry leaves behind carbon black, waste, toxic coal, tons of plastic bags and sacks.
720 tons of carbon black, 470 tons of wood and paper, 37 tons of light plastic bags, 108,000 tons of waste in plastic jumbo bags, 192 tons of toxic coal – ANNUALLY!
WHAT HAVE WE DONE SO FAR?
We have filed a criminal complaint against the responsible persons in the “Shandong Linglong” factory – NOTHING.
We have filed three lawsuits with the Administrative Cour against the city and provincial authorities for violating the law – NOTHING.
WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR AN INVESTOR AND CANNOT BE DONE FOR CITIZENS?
- Almost 4 million euros were transferred by the Government of Serbia to the budget of the City of Zrenjanin for the construction of the water supply and sewerage infrastructure, but FOR Linglong, and not for us, the citizens of Zrenjanin. For those of us who have not had drinking water from the tap for 17 years.
- The highway Belgrade – Zrenjanin – Novi Sad will be built according to the needs of the investor and when the investor needs it, and not the citizens. The work will be performed by companies and workers from China, we will pay for it with loans obtained from China.
- Illegal construction of a “work camp” on other people’s plots, and a five-story building in the village of Ečka to accommodate Chinese workers.